Saturday, January 23, 2016

Your Maker's Tote

Yes, this could be YOURS!

Noodlehead Maker's Tote by Poppyprint

I've just completed this adorable Maker's Tote, designed by Anna Graham of Noodlehead. It is a wonderful pattern that is really pretty straight forward and easy. There's no turning, no squashing of batting/interfacing/outer bag and long handles through tiny lining openings. The trickiest part is sewing the bias binding on the bottom corners, but slow and steady (and Clover Wonder Clips) win the race!

Noodlehead Maker's Tote by Poppyprint

There's a slick zipper installation (optional magnetic snap instructions for those folks nervous of sewing straight lines that will show on the outside of the tote).  You use an opening zipper for a true wide-mouth bag that you could probably stuff a baby quilt into. It's size large for sure!

Noodlehead Maker's Tote by Poppyprint
There's another zip pocket on the back side of the tote!

I used the adorable Heather Ross print in linen for the outside. After all, what crafty maker can't relate to the creativity of little girls playing with their horses? A Denyse Schmidt  print for the side panels and handles, a Mochi linen dot for the inside slip pocket and an older, sweet Amy Butler print for the lining. The body of the bag is supported ByAnnie Soft and Stable. I chose special fabrics that I love because I'm sharing this bag with one Lucky Maker!

Noodlehead Maker's Tote by Poppyprint

Noodlehead Maker's Tote by Poppyprint

I hope to get around to making another for myself, but first I'm going to stuff this one with about $200 worth of gorgeous modern fabrics from my generous blog partners and a bunch of gifts from me. This will be the prize for my epic 5K follower giveaway on Instagram! If you're not on IG, I'm sorry that you won't be able to win, however there will be another fun giveaway right here around Valentines Day just for blog followers. Everybody gets a chance, just as soon as the prizes arrive and I can photograph everything in it's epicness. 



14 comments:

Arita said...

Beautiful work.

Leanne said...

It's beautiful!!

rstogether said...

Nicely done Krista! Excellent zipper putting-in!

SarahZ said...

Oh Krista! I do not regret IG for a moment!!!! This is truly wonderful!

Marie said...

Your bag is perfect! Absolutly adorable!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OK, I'm going to check out that pattern. I'll even sign up for instagram. Did I say that? yup.

Love this bag.

Elsa said...

Oh, that bag in on my list! Love how yours turned out and that you're going to give it away is fab!

Kay said...

This is stunning, I really like the mix of fabrics. x

Sandi said...

I got this pattern but haven't made it yet, your version is lovely! I know who to contact if I have any problems!

Michele said...

Hello,

5K! That is awesome. I can see why you have so many followers. Your blog always has interesting projects; I love you colour schemes; and you make the projects sound manageable. Well Done!!

Jenny said...

you blew past 8K Krista! this tote is so amazing!

Andrea C said...

Love the tote Krista!!

Patti said...

You're killing me with this!! Now, I have to make one...unless, I win this one of course! It's a real beauty.

Stina... said...

LOVE IT KRISTA...:0)